Online Application with DICAS
The BWS DI uses the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) online internship application, which can be found at: portal.dicas.org; potential applicants may also e-mail: email@example.com. There is a fee to use DICAS. Applicants must complete their applications by 11:59pm Central Time February 15, 2019 for the Spring Match and by 11:59pm Central Time September 25, 2019 for the Fall Match.
DICAS requires a personal statement, online application, official transcripts and three (3) letters of recommendation. BWS DI requires applicants to upload the following to DICAS:
- Resume (include your e-mail address)
- Personal Statement / Essay that addresses the following information (1,000 word maximum):
- Why is a distance internship right for you?
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- Include any other relevant information that may be helpful in evaluation of your application.
- Proposed Rotation Schedule
Register with D & D
Applicants must register with D&D Digital Systems: https://www.dnddigital.com/. Registration allows applicants to participate in The Nationwide “Matching Process.” There is a matching fee. Applicants must register and submit priority rank choices by 11:59pm Central Time February 15, 2019 for the Spring Match and by 11:59pm Central Time September 25, 2019 for the Fall Match.
Computer matching materials may be obtained from the BWS DI Program Director or from D&D Digital Systems, 304 Main Street, #301, Ames, IA 50010, phone (515)292-0490.
Download and complete the BWS DI Supplemental Application and upload it to your DICAS application.
Submit a non-refundable $75 internship application fee payable to Be Well Solutions Dietetic Internship by credit card or mailing a check.
Deadline for supplemental application and application fee: same as DICAS submission deadline.
Second Round Matching Procedure
- Applicants must apply for second round matching through DICAS starting the Thursday after Match Day (November 8, 2018), after 11:00 a.m. Central Time.
- Applicants must also submit a BWS DI Supplemental Application found on the website https://bwsdi.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/BWS-DI-Supplemental-Application-7-18-18.pdf
- Applicants must pay the $75 application fee https://bwsdi.com/fee-payment/
- A prior application already on file in DICAS may be used. Please contact DICAS to submit the application to the Be Well Solutions Dietetic Internship program.
- Applications will be considered in the order received.
- Identical criteria used for the first round match will be used to evaluate second round match applications.
- The BWS DI may choose to conduct a phone interview or may accept applicants based on the information provided in the DICAS application.
- If the BWS DI is able to offer a position, we will contact you by email or phone, beginning 11 am CST on Thursday, November 8, 2018 at the primary email address and/or the primary phone number specified on your DICAS application.
- Positions will be filled in the order that acceptances are received.
- If an offer is not accepted immediately, your spot in the BWS DI is not guaranteed.
- No notification will be sent to applicants who are not offered a position.