Online Application with DICAS
The BWS DI uses the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) online internship application, which can be found at: portal.dicas.org; potential applicants may also e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a fee to use DICAS.
DICAS requires a personal statement, online application, official transcripts and three (3) letters of recommendation. BWS DI requires applicants to upload the following to DICAS:
- Resume (include your e-mail address)
- Personal Statement / Essay that addresses the following information (1,000 word maximum):
- Why is a distance internship right for you?
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- Include any other relevant information that may be helpful in evaluation of your application.
- Proposed Rotation Schedule
Register with D & D
Applicants must register with D&D Digital Systems: https://www.dnddigital.com/. Registration allows applicants to participate in The Nationwide “Matching Process.” There is a matching fee. The deadline for submitting preferences in rank order is consistent with the deadline for submitting the applications to the program of choice.
Computer matching materials may be obtained from the BWS DI Program Director or from D&D Digital Systems, 304 Main Street, #301, Ames, IA 50010, phone (515)292-0490.
Download and complete the BWS DI Supplemental Application and upload it to your DICAS application.
Submit a non-refundable $75 internship application fee payable to Be Well Solutions Dietetic Internship by credit card or mailing a check.
Deadline for supplemental application and application fee: same as DICAS submission deadline.