BWS DI is proud to offer the Preselect Option to students from programs with that we have established partnerships, which includes the following:
- Arizona State University (ASU)
- Dominican University
- Kent State University (KSU)
- Penn State University (PSU)
- San Diego State University (SDSU)
- Simmons University
Please note that admission for Preselect is rolling. The sooner students apply, the better the chances that they will be accepted. Preference will be given to students who submit applications with their confirmed rotations.
If you have questions about the Preselect Option, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Preselect Option? The Preselect Option allows a stand-alone dietetic internship (DI) to grant early admission to applicants from didactic programs in dietetics (DPD program) through which BWS DI has established an agreement with. Individuals admitted to a DI using the Preselect Option must commit to that program and not participate in the DICAS Match process. BWS DI accepts up to 10 interns through the Preselect Option for each Match cycle.
What are the benefits of applying via the Preselect Option? There are many benefits for interns who apply to DIs via the Preselect Option, including the following:
- Save money and time
- Increases interns’ chances of being admitted to a program
- Less stress and uncertainty that comes with the DICAS Match process
- Gives students an early start at finding preceptors and rotation sites
What happens if an intern is not accepted during Preselect? Not a problem! The applicant may move forward and apply to other DI programs through the Match process. The applicant may reapply to BWS DI and will be given full consideration. Please visit the ACEND website for more information on the regular DICAS and computer Match timeline.
Preselect Application Requirements
- Official transcripts: These are required for the student’s Bachelor’s degree as well as Master’s degree, if applicable. If the degree(s) are still in progress, the transcript should show coursework completed to date. A Bachelor’s degree must be completed before the start of the DI.
- DPD Verification Statement or Declaration of Intent
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Supplemental application with a proposed rotation schedule
- Minimum 3.0 total DPD GPA
Preselect Application Process
The steps to apply to the BWS DI Preselect Option are outlined below:
- Register with D&D Digital at www.dnddigital.com. There is a $65 fee associated with this step.
- Complete a DICAS application at http://dicas.liaisoncas.com and include the BWS DI supplemental application, which can be found at bwsdi.com. There is a $75 fee associated with this step.
- Email BWS DI at email@example.com to let us know that you have applied through the Preselect Option.
All of these steps must be completed before the deadlines listed below for each Match cycle. Promising candidates will be invited to interview with the BWS DI Admissions Committee. If an intern is accepted through Preselect, BWS DI will notify D&D Digital to confirm that the intern won’t be participating in the Match process.
The deadlines for the Preselect Option application process are as follows:
- D&D Digital Opens: July 1
- DICAS Application Opens: July 24
- Preselect Application Deadline: August 18
- Notification of Decision: September 1
- D&D Digital Opens: December 1
- DICAS Application Opens: November 20
- Preselect Application Deadline: January 17
- Notification of Decision: February 1