Penn State University’s (PSU) Master of Professional Studies in Nutritional Science is designed to prepare students for evidence-based advanced practice. Their 30-credit curriculum emphasizes critical thinking and interactive technology to engage students in the learning process. The program’s coursework is focused on the development of leadership skills, which can set students apart from their peers.
More information about the program’s mission and objectives can be found here.
Admission and Application Requirements
The admission and application requirements for PSU are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, animal sciences, food science, dietetics, or a related biological/biomedical or health sciences discipline
- Prerequisite undergraduate courses for admission: organic chemistry, biochemistry, physiology, an introductory nutrition course, and one advanced nutrition course. Students must obtain a grade of B or better in each of these courses to be considered for admission
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Letters of recommendation
- Program-specific questions, resume, and personal statement
The GRE is not required to apply to PSU. More information about application requirements can be found here.
The application schedule below is for interns who are applying to the BWSDI MS/DI Pathway: