BWS DI has established a partnership with The University of Alabama (UA) to provide Interns with the opportunity to enroll in a fully online, 30-credit-hour Master of Science program in Human Nutrition. The program is creatively designed to provide foundation knowledge before starting coursework, integrate class assignments with experiences in the internship, and assure advanced knowledge in the field of nutrition and dietetics. Internship directors work directly with university faculty to align assignments and activities, allowing students to complete the internship and master’s degree in less than two years. All courses are offered fully online, and out-of-state fees are waived. Financial aid is available to cover course tuition and living expenses for students who qualify. The graduate program can accept up to 12 hours of graduate coursework as transfer credit that may be applied to the degree.
For more information contact Tiffany Hylton at firstname.lastname@example.org and visit the MS in Human Nutrition webpage here. For a general overview of the program, click here. A more detailed Q&A session can be found here.
Admission and Application Requirements
Applications for the UA program are accepted for spring and fall admission. The application schedule below is for interns who are applying to the Be Well Solutions Dietetic Internship MS/DI Pathway:
|Graduate School Application Deadline
|Graduate School Decision Deadline
The admission requirements for UA are as follows:
- Applicants with an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher may apply for admission to graduate school. Your application may also be considered if you have a 3.0 or higher in your last 60 credit hours of undergraduate coursework.
- Applicants must submit their graduate school application to UA separately from the dietetic internship application.
UA does not require the GRE for admission into their program. More information about academic policies and admission criteria can be found here.
To apply to the UA graduate program, please follow the instructions below:
- Complete the application here
- MS in Human Nutrition
- Generalist concentration (do NOT select a concentration)
- Appropriate admission term–spring semester for fall match and summer semester for spring match
- Application fee
- Statement of Purpose
- You may be able to update your DICAS letter to reflect your interest in graduate school, rather than writing an entirely new statement.
- You may contact Dr. Hylton (email@example.com) for more information regarding the requirements.
- Letters of recommendation
- When asked for email addresses in the graduate school application, include the email address of 3 individuals who will write a letter of recommendation.
- At least two should come from academic sources.
- Transcripts from all Colleges/Universities attended
- Electronic transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paper transcripts should be sent by your respective institution to:
Graduate School, The University of Alabama
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0118
As part of the MS/DI pathway application process, BWS DI requests that applicants provide proof of acceptance into UA’s MS program to be eligible for the pathway. Proof may be provided by signing a FERPA Waiver. This waiver allows the university and the internship to communicate and will ensure that BWS DI receives information directly from the university about acceptance in time for the match decision deadline. Additionally, the form allows continued communication between the programs once the applicant is accepted. If you prefer not to sign the FERPA waiver, please contact us at email@example.com. Signed FERPA waivers may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.